Innovation for the NHS
Working with Liverpool Comedy Improv and NHS Innovation Agency NWC
We worked with Liverpool Comedy Improv to deliver a short series of events for NHS Innovation Agency NWC. These events focused on innovation and doing things differently. Using Applied Improv we put together a program of playful exercises on breaking down silos, collaboration, team bonding, creative thinking, innovation, listening and communication skills, and transferring a ‘yes and’ mindset into their workspace.
Set over two dates in October 2019 and March 2020 we focussed on applying Improv to:
- Generate ideas more quickly
- Communicate more effectively
- Create ensembles that rise to every occasion
- Create open dialogue with employees and customers
- Break down organisational silos that threaten collaborative success.
- Make something out of nothing.
We practiced a number of playful exercises and games designed to aid teams with:
- Embracing Failure
- Innovation In a Team
Some of these exercises and games included:
- Listening & Communication Exercises
- Lego Duck Challenge
- Innovation / Creativity In A Team and
- Improv Scenes For Innovation
We also followed up with a reflective period as a larger group in order to allow participants to share elements they plan to take into their work.